No doubt about it, fall semester is underway! It’s great to see everyone back, and to welcome a new group of first-years to campus. Here’s a quick hit list of Studio M news and information for fall.
- We’re hiring! Studio M needs student coverage from 3pm-10pm Sunday through Thursday. If you’re interested, contact Brian Little. We’ll have a listing posted on Handshake shortly.
- New office: Rather than working out of the Studio itself, Maker-in-Chief Brian Little is now in Chambers South Basement 256 (right across the lobby from the Studio), so if you’re looking for him and the Studio is closed up, be sure to check the office, too.
- New hours: In order to accommodate some new outreach efforts, Brian will be changing his availability in the makerspace. Rather than all-day hours, Brian will now be in the office from 11 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon, and by appointment at other times. Student staff, once things come online, will open the space 3-8, and possibly some morning hours as well.
- Card access: If you need out-of-normal-hours access to the Studio, CatCard access is an option. You’ll need basic training and information about the equipment, so contact the Studio to schedule that and request access.
- Drone training soon: The Studio will shortly be offering certification training with our new Phantom 4 drone…watch this space for more info.
- Professors, talk to us: We’re looking for ways to work making into more classes. Have an idea? Hit us up!
We’ll be doing more cool stuff this semester, so keep an eye on this blog and the Studio M Facebook page for updates!